Increasing the Value of Your Data: Lessons Learned from Sharing Collections
When: Friday 21 July 2017
Where: La Trobe University, City Campus Rooms 3.08-3.09, Level 3, 360 Collins St, Melbourne
Time: 9.30am – 1.30pm
At this event examples will be presented of how institutions have recently published data collections from their institution and made these more valuable and reusable. This has improved the visibility of the data assets and the research at the institution. Through these projects the institutions have gained experience in approaches to exposing and sharing their data. Participants will hear lessons learned from these projects, examples of successful approaches and discuss the benefits and opportunities from sharing research data. This event is aimed at staff working on research data in libraries, eResearch, IT, research groups, research institutes and government organisations.
What can you expect?
- Knowledge of data publishing projects in Victorian institutions
- How institutions have managed data publishing at their institution
- Impact of research data publishing for the researchers and the institution
- New research data management systems implemented and why
- What role FAVeR and ANDS play in enabling and promoting data sharing knowledge and application
Morning tea and networking lunch provided.