Only July 21st, FAVeR and ANDS sponsored the ‘Increasing the Value of Your Data: Lessons Learned from Sharing Collections’ workshop. We had nearly 50 in attendance across e-research sectors and have had fantastic feedback on the workshop survey.
The five presentation slides are available to the public via GoogleDrive:
- Research Data Grants: A Program for Enriching Research Data
- Soils & Technologies
- Delivering Marine Data Via the AODN Stack
- Sharing Surface Analysis Data on CMSShub: A HUBzero Platform
- Historical Slide Collection Published through Omeka
Takeaways from the event include:
- Hearing about challenges that people face is helpful.
- Good to get key players in the room. Interesting talks. Group discussions especially useful.
- Lots of great stuff happening with research data in our universities.
- Good networking session. Great to see the diversity of projects.
- I have identified a couple of presented projects are similar to what we are doing. I have made contacts with the presenters after the workshop.
- Impressed with the planning demonstrated in launching each of the projects, not to be taken lightly when considering a project at own site.
Survey responses show 50% of participants were ‘Extremely Satisfied’ and 50% of participants were ‘Very Satisfied’ with the event.
We look forward to delivering more workshops in the future. Watch this space!